My fellow marketers, always double check your work. This should be common sense for those of us who’ve been in the business for a few years. But for the newcomers and students, here is an almost foolproof way to ensure that nothing embarrassing gets published. Heck, even some of us who do have a few years of experience would do well to remember these 7 steps.
- Use spell check (some people actually forget to use it)
- Read over your work
- Re-read your work
- Wait 24 hours and read your work again (a fresh set of eyes can do wonders)
- Get a co-worker to read your work (this is the most important step)
- Get another co-worker to read your work (the 2nd most important step)
- Read your work one final time before publishing