Daniel over at Just Communicate “tagged” me. The meme is a list of habits that you feel have made you successful. Now it’s time for me to share the habits that I believe make me successful. I strongly believe anyone can adopt these habits. They have served me well. So without further adieu, my successful habits…
- Faith in God – The good book tells us that everything works to the glory of God. It also says that God rewards those who are faithful to him. I believe that. Everyday I believe that.
- Turning to friends & family – I would not be where I am today if it weren’t for two amazing parents (who sacrificed a lot to help their son) and the support of my friends. Thanks guys.
- Finding good mentors – Everyone needs at least one good role model. I’ve been lucky enough to have a few. From my personal friend whose the senior manager of international operations at FedEx to some of my current co-workers.
- I read – A good business man told me that “Leaders are Readers.” Makes since to me. Successful people continuously educate themselves by reading business books, magazines, and articles. I make sure to read business and marketing articles everyday.
- I blog – I find that blogging has helped make me a critical thinker. It also makes me an avid reader, which helps with my previous point.
- I take business seriously – When it’s time to work, I work. When there’s a deadline, I make sure me and my team make it — even if it means staying at work when everyone else has gone home. My employer pays me to make things happen; I make sure that they do happen.
- But not too seriously – It’s important to keep work at work. I make it a point to leave any work-related stress at the office.
- I play – All work and no play makes Michael a dull boy. Ask any of my friends, I play… hard. I like to rock climb, hike, swim, and socialize. I reserve my weekends for play. It’s how I re-energize for the next work week.